Apparently there is a new phenomenon sweeping the restaurant world… and it has nothing to do with food.
*Tangent* I am in the minority of people who have yet to embark into the land of Smartphones. It’s not that I won’t but when you’re still part of a family plan you don’t mess up a good thing! Regardless, everyone else I know has taken the plunge (probably about some 5 years ago) and this causes for a difference in phone etiquette. My phone is not as cool as theirs so they hold it close while I forget to remember where I’ve left mine.
Behold the game to change 1 hour of every one’s life by bringing them closer to my world!
Here’s how it works…
- Plan a dinner outing with friends and/or family.
- Meet, hug, chat, sit.
- Take cell phone out of pocket, purse, death grip and SILENCE it.
- Calmly place your phone in the middle of the table and stack* them in a pile. Remember to breath… you’re phone is safe!
- Order, laugh, talk, drink, be merry!
- Don’t touch your phone… no matter what. If you do, you just can’t handle it and must break, you get stuck with the entire bill. No excuses, you have faulty willpower!
- If no one bends under the urge to “ask Siri” the bill is split as normal.
- Hug, laugh, say goodbye.
- Leave happy and fulfilled because you just spent quality time with those you love*.