The intent of this blog is to share loads upon loads of healthy, delicious meals that make your body smile. Of this I am aware… but, sigh… she won… she pounded on my stomach walls and she won. Inner Fattie took over for Valentine’s Day. I have to say… I’m guiltily glad it happened!
I peruse pictures of decadent, chocolatly, masterpieces daily on pinterest but generaly I minimize the window and let my will power kick in. Not so on the big day of hearts. I was scrolling through, eyes half glazed over and then… Chocolate Chip Cookie Lava Cakes… get out! I held no power against these little nuggets! How could I not run home, make and scarf them down? Exaclty, I couldn’t.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Lava Cakes (of Love)
1 roll Tollhouse Chocolate Chip Cookie dough
20-30 Pretzels, crunched into 1/2 inch pieces
8 teaspoons Cocao Almond Spread (Nutella or dark chocolate chips work equally well)
Vanilla Ice Cream (for topping)
Steps to Take
- Open cookie dough. 🙂 If you are more ambitious than me… or your Inner Fattie allows you to healthy up this dessert, whip up your favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe. I personally think oatmeal Chocolate Chip would be divine!
- Break off half of the dough and smash it flat on cutting board.
- Fold half of the crunches pretzels into the flattened dough. (This gets messy but it was the best method I could find.)
4. Break off spoon size chunks of dough, flatten and place in a greased cupcake pan. (I used Olive Oil Cooking Spray). Press dough down to conform to pan.
5. Place a teaspoon dollop of Cocoa Almond Butter in the center of each cookie filled cupcake tin.
6. Repeat steps 2-4 to form the cookie tops.
7. Cook on 350 for 13-15 min or until cookie tops are golden brown.
Let these babies cool for 3-5 min (you want the inside to stay gooey). I will tell you… don’t lay the pan upside down… they will start to fall out and apart… not good.
When they are cooled, plate ’em and put a scoop of ice cream on top. Sit down… I know, it’s hard not to eat them immediately, dig your spoon in and smile with delight!
They are best when shared… that way your Ooh’s and Ahh’s are accompained by others. I shared mine with Jon and my beloved roomies… Inner Fattie is a pig but she’s not stingy. 🙂
So are you already grabbing your keys, purse on arm, heading to the store? If you’re not, good for you. Keep that Inner Fattie at bay. But, do make these for some occasion… they are worth it and everyone deserves a sweet dessert from time to time!